-->

Monday, December 4, 2017

Gift Guide: Thoughtful Subscriptions for the Holidays

Happy first full week of December! Now that most of the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales have passed, I thought I would share some of my favorite, quick gifts that are really thoughtful for your friends and family.


I love giving gifts. I hate making a list of things that I want, mostly because I never really know what I want someone to get me. This list contains mostly subscriptions that are quick to get, but actually really thoughtful for someone to enjoy the whole year long.
  1. Blue Apron

Blue Apron is an online subscription that you can have recipes and the groceries for those recipes shipped right to your door.  They value quality products and produce and cooking fantastic meals from scratch. Blue Apron has a 2-person package and a family package to personalize the menu and frequency of your box.  The plans are a bit pricey, but you can skip your menu anytime you want. I got my family a subscription for one month at Christmas time set to deliver in January after the holidays when they didn’t want to eat out. I ended up canceling the subscription, because I couldn’t afford it as a college student, but it was a nice way to cook with my family.  Right now your first box is only $30 if you sign up.



Winc is an online wine subscription. You can choose how many bottles of wine you want a month and what price range you are looking for. I got this subscription for my boyfriend and I near his birthday and our anniversary to try.  We choose four bottles of wine and they arrived in a box.  All of the wines that we picked were really good.  They base you wine preferences off a quiz that you take when you sign up, or you can individually choose your bottles. If you use this link, you can get $20 of complimentary Winc wine and see their subscription options. I currently have this subscription, but have opted to skip for a long time.  You can continue your subscription at any time without fees.



Graze is an online subscription of healthy, natural, protein-packed snacks that are delivered to your door. The subscription comes every two weeks, with eight snacks picked just for you or customized by your preferences. My dad currently has this subscription and loves it! He loves to snack but recently has started a successful diet. These snacks keep him full and fueled.  Your first box is half-price, but the regular subscription is $13.99 per box. There are over 100 plus flavors and choices of snacks and they now sell individual snacks in stores. I might want this one in January.



I love this gift. This started out as a temporary subscription, but my boyfriend loved it so much that I get the Sprezza Box pretty regularly for him. For less than $25, I get mailed a box that has a theme for the month of accessories for menswear. The last box he got had a passport cover, socks, a pocket square, a tie, a travel nail care set and travel pillow valued at over $150. For a guy who constantly likes to look nice and dress up especially for work, this is a good investment for some fun accessories to go with lots of items.



It has been a while since I have used this subscription, but I really enjoyed Stitch Fix. For $20 a month, a stylist will pick out clothes based off of your answers on a style quiz and what you are personally looking for. The clothes the stylist picks out are sent to your home and you get to try on the pieces and decide what to keep. While you have to pay additionally for the pieces that are sent to you, the $20 you paid to get them sent to you is applied towards the clothes you decide to keep. There are different options on your budget and frequency, but I might revamp my subscription so that I can pick out different pieces of business or professional items as I get ready for my career.  They have stylists for men and women! Check it out!


Hopefully these ideas are helpful. Some probably are a bit out of budget for a college student, but even starting the subscription to try it is a great way to give someone something meaningful all year round.

1 comment:

  1. I would've never thought to give a subscription as a Christmas gift but I love the idea. Winc sounds like a great option for my sister and her husband. They and always drinking wine and it would be the perfect surprise to send to their apartment in Atlanta, Georgia. I also love Stitch Fix sounds and may consider ordering it myself after doing some more research. Thanks for the great ideas, Helen!

    ReplyDelete