-->

Monday, January 30, 2017

FYI: How to Preserve a Puzzle

The best part about a puzzle is finishing it! I am usually not a puzzle person, but I like to do my puzzle and see it complete. Seeing your pieces all matched up and complete is so rewarding. You can preserve your puzzle and never have to do it again!

Here are the materials you will need:
  • A puzzle
  • Poster frame
  • Puzzle glue 
  • Poster board or cardboard
  • Command Strips
First off, get your materials! Pick a puzzle that you enjoy looking at or wouldn't mind hanging on your wall. I got a cool Broadway Show Bill puzzle for my birthday!  

I suggest you first lay down a poster board or a piece of cardboard to do your puzzle on. This makes it all flat and even and provides something cheap for glue to stick onto. You don't want glue on your dining room table.

Next, complete your puzzle. Good luck and be patient. 

Take your puzzle glue whether that be Modge Podge or Elmer's and evenly apply one to two coats on your puzzle. Make sure you apply generously and smooth out the layers getting the glue in between each piece. Let it dry completely. Below are two types of puzzle glue that I think work well. 

After your puzzle is completely dry slide the back of the poster underneath the puzzle. An extra set of hands to help with this step makes it easier. Put the back of the poster on and flip the frame over. Use your command strips to hang it on the wall! 

You will never have to do that puzzle again, preserving it forever in a frame. I hung mine in my apartment. In my future space, my puzzle will probably live in a game room.  


Good luck framing and preserving your puzzle! Grab some friends and give it a go! 

2 comments:

  1. My mom just started a puzzle last week. I am probably going to go get the materials and surprise her when it is done. I think this could be a great gift for Christmas or for a grandparent on their birthday. It is cheap and it shows that you went out of your way to make a gift for them. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen this done! Great idea. I can remember growing up and putting puzzles together with my aunt on rainy days. Most of the time they were pictures of lighthouses, animals or flowers. Once we finished a puzzle she would leave it out on the coffee table for several days because she said it was too pretty to tear apart. Now we won't have to tear them apart. I can frame them for her.

    ReplyDelete