-->

Sunday, March 26, 2017

FYI: Broadway Tour of "Pippin"


Last Saturday I was surprised with tickets to go see the national Broadway tour of "Pippin!" My boyfriend's family got us tickets to go with them and see their favorite musical!

In high school, I was in the cast for our production of "Pippin," but I never thought I would get to see the revival tour of it! It was so much better than I ever imagined it to be.

The musical is about Pippin coming into his own and discovering something extraordinary that he can do with his life to feel fulfilled. He tries becoming the King like his father. He tries to be fulfilled by love. He tries to be fulfilled by being ordinary. He tries to be fulfilled by fire. Along the way when he was being ordinary, he fell in love with a widow and her son. He was scared to commit to an ordinary lifestyle and doubted his feelings of fulfillment. Through the end of the play, he realizes that he doesn't need something extraordinary to feel fulfilled and settles down. The widow's son then proceeds to sing the opening song that started Pippin in his cycle of longing.

The show is cute, comical, witty and has fantasy like qualities. The cycle of looking for something to fulfill them in life is relatable throughout the story.

The revival played upon the same story and music, but added some great elements to make it modern and captivating. The tour of "Pippin" utilizes ZFX flight effects and acrobatics to add different elements into the show.

I personally have been involved with working with ZFX in a previous production and can say that they are professional, safe and creative in all the work they do. The acrobatic performers were talented and made the things they were doing seem effortless.



I would highly recommend this show to anyone who likes musical theatre or live performances. The show is engaging, funny, relatable and worth your time. I am so thankful that my boyfriend's family values theatre and took me to see this performance.

1 comment:

  1. This seems like such a fun and amazing performance to go and see! I had never heard of it before until I read your post, but I am definitely interested in seeing it. It's really awesome that you got to see something that you were once a part of! Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete