-->

Friday, April 7, 2017

FYI: Family at ONU


Last night I went to see the opening show of the "Pirates of Penzance" here at ONU. My parents and brother were all in town because my brother had an interview with the theatre arts department.

After a long search, Harrison has decided to go to school here in the fall. He will be double majoring in computer science and international theatre productions! Those two areas are very different, but he can do both in under 8 years here, rather than doing two full degrees at another school he was interested in.

Harrison is the second child. He was adamant that he wasn't going to school where I would be, but here we are! Seeing them this week made my week so much better. Only one more week until Easter break.

Having Harrison here will be nice right before I begin my next adventure. He seems to be warming up to the idea. My cousin, Ian is also here this year. Having him here has proven to be nice also. We all will get to hangout and live the dream at ONU together.

I am really looking forward to having Harrison here with Ian here and I. I am sure he will meet his own "family" here at ONU, but familiar faces are so comforting.

Hope everyone hangs in there until Easter!

3 comments:

  1. ONU is definitely a school for families. My dad went here back in the 80s and my brother graduated last may. It is weird to willingly go to college with your sibling. We had a good system worked out where we pretty much avoided each other until we got ice cream or dinner once a month. A good thing I found from this is your parents have more reasons to visit. Just remember you do not have to do family dinners every night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in the same situation as your brother. I was set on not going to the same school as my older brother. My brother came to school here for two and a half years, so for my first semester on campus, I had at least one familiar face to rely on. ONU really is a place for families, whether they are biological or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty funny to me that both you and your cousin go here and that your brother will be here soon because I also have a cousin and a sibling that both go here. Ohio Northern really is a place for families. My little sister almost came to school here also, but she fell in love with another school. I wish your brother the best of luck when he starts his adventure in the fall!

    ReplyDelete