-->

Friday, September 1, 2017

U2/Indianapolis Zoo

U2
One of the first adventures of the whole summer was an impromptu concert with my uncle Christopher. My uncle Christopher is a well-known doctor in our small town who got some great tickets to go see U2 in concert in Chicago. Soldier Field was packed with people excited to see U2’s tour of the Joshua Tree. Christopher had originally got tickets for some of his friends to go with him, but plans came up and he had extra seats.

My dad is a huge U2 fan. He went to some of their concerts when he was younger. When Christopher invited him to go with him, he couldn’t pass up the opportunity! After being at school all year, I hadn’t visited with Christopher in a long time so I went with them! My boyfriend CJ was visiting for two months this summer to help me with my job and volunteer for our local children’s theatre. That weekend happened to be the first weekend he was home, so he went along as well.

The concert was great! The music was so familiar to me. I grew up listening to their music and my Dad singing to me. Christopher and Dad said that we couldn’t go to Soldier Field without getting an overpriced beer. After our hike all the way to the top of the stadium, we all felt like we deserved one. Being there with my family was so much fun. To include CJ in that memory was even better.



The Indianapolis Zoo
After the adventure of the U2 concert, my family took a trip to Indianapolis Zoo for my little brother Anderson’s birthday. He turned 10 years old! He loves to go to Indianapolis to eat at his favorite restaurant The Spaghetti Factory. He always gets spaghetti with two meatballs and apple sauce.

This is the first summer that everyone in my family has been home since my sophomore year of high school has been home, so having everyone together at the zoo to celebrate with Anderson was a treat! CJ had never been to the Indianapolis Zoo either, so we all got to experience it together!

I love going to the zoo. I love walking around and seeing the animals. Watching the people is also pretty fun, too. When I was younger I threw a fit that we missed the dolphin show, so now whenever we go my dad gives me a hard time. Before we went to the zoo this time, my parents told me we wouldn’t see the dolphin show. No fit this year.

Family time is really important to me. I knew that I would be busy working this summer for the children’s theatre, so having some time together before events got crazy was so valuable.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE GOING TO THE ZOO! Going to the zoo is always a fun experience, you never know what animals will be out and what funny activities they will be doing. I personally have never been to the Indianapolis Zoo, but I have heard that it really is a great attraction. I'm so happy you were able to celebrate your brother's birthday, 10 years old is a special one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little brother's favorite restaurant is the Spaghetti Factory and he loves going to the zoo... I think we could be best friends! It's awesome that everyone in your family was home and it sounds like a great summer.

    ReplyDelete