-->

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Fall Break


Fall break was so refreshing. I am savoring the last couple of breaks before I graduate. I was so happy I got to spend this one at home. CJ took Harrison and I home on Saturday morning. Although the day was gloomy, we were cheery as soon as we arrived in Indiana.

October is the month of birthdays for my family, so we celebrated with a trip to an apple orchard and a taco bar dinner! My family is rather large, but we can be even larger when everyone brings their significant other! We had ten people along for the ride to the apple orchard.


We drove about an hour to Hobart, Indiana to the County Line Orchard. It cost a dollar per individual to go on “your pick” of the apple orchard, pumpkin patch and the sunflower patch. After you get into the orchard then you pay for what you pick. The group of ten of us picked 35 pounds of apples and one sunflower. They had all varieties of apples, but our popular picks were Red Delicious, Golden Delicious and Braeburn. We had to climb a couple trees, but it was an adventure. When we walked around there were bees everywhere.  The air either smelled delicious or like Red’s Apple Cider from all the squished, fermenting apples on the ground.  We walked around for about an hour or so and picked before stopping by the shop to pay for our apples and a gallon of cider for us to share.


When we arrived home we laid out all the apples and got caramel sauce to dip before going to ride bikes. My mom and dad recently got new bikes that are more comfortable for them to ride in. They sit low to the ground kind of like a wheelchair tricycle. When I tested them out, it felt like sitting in a recliner with pedals. We went on a twelve mile bike ride together while my little brother and sister were at tennis practice. Harrison, CJ and I rode normal bikes while my parents enjoyed their new wheels. The time we spent together was well spent, plus we got a good workout in.


To wrap up, my fall break was well spent with my family. I got to visit with my grandma and my family and do everything together. I watched some TV and of course got to play tons of games with my siblings. CJ got to be with them also, and it’s always so fun to see him interact with my family. Being with them is the greatest gift of all.


This wouldn’t be a real update on my break if I didn’t speak of my dog! Duchess is growing well and putting on weight. She is getting more curious with her surroundings and has taken to barking at all things that pass her yard. She loves to nap on the stairs and spend time with my mom and is still the cute, playful pup I remember.

I hope everyone had a great fall break. There are only 40 days left until Thanksgiving break. Keep pushing everyone!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a fantastic fall break. A taco bar as well as an apple orchard sounds great!

    ReplyDelete