-->

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

FYI: Copic Markers


I have been doing a lot of drawing and sketching lately for various projects I have going on. I wanted to take a second and talk about how great my makers are. I own around one hundred Copic markers. They were a gift from my grandmother whose gift store recently closed. She sold lots of arts and crafts supplies as well as high-end gifts for our small town.

Copic markers are popular because they are high quality markers that last a long time. Copic markers are designed for high quality illustrations, arts and crafts, design and all areas of art. They come in 358 blend-able colors, are refillable and have four types of tips.  They markers apply smoothly and don't smell badly. What I love about my Copic markers is that they last a lifetime because they have refillable ink.


Copic utilizes a great website to explain their products as well as teach professionals and amateurs how to use the markers. Copic offers online class certification to learn techniques on their markers and other products. The least expensive class on their website is around $100, but there are plenty of good tutorials on Pinterest and YouTube. Instagram has a lot of great art accounts that feature Copic artists.
Being a college student doesn't leave me a whole lot of time to do art or draw anymore, but when I get a chance I love having quality markers that I know are going to be good. I am so grateful that my grandma thought of me before sending those markers off to an auction. I will get great use out of them. Hopefully when I get out of school for the summer I can learn how to use these great markers better. Despite them being kind of pricey, I would highly recommend looking into at least getting basic colors from Copic. 






4 comments:

  1. For starters you are an amazing artist. Those colors are so vibrant! I do not think I had heard about refillable art markers. I bet they get expensive but I think the benefits outweigh the price. Especially if you can draw, which I cannot. I am more of a ceramic artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to invest in some of these markers. Being an artist, I am always looking for new mediums to explore using. I try to draw or craft whenever I get the chance, so having a marker that lasts a lifetime can be a lifesaver. There is nothing worse than working on a project and having a marker run dry. Thank you so much for sharing this, I will be looking farther into these markers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking around forever for markers that will last. I never even heard of Copic before reading your post. I will definitely be looking into investing in them. The benefits of the markers will definitely be well worth the cost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to buy these! I didn't know that much about them, so thank you for sharing this! I'm more inclined to buy these now knowing that they are refillable. I'm definitely going to check out the website, which I had no idea existed either, to learn more. I've seen posts on Instagram where the artist has used these markers and have stared at them in Michaels a million times, but never actually bought them.

    ReplyDelete