-->

Monday, March 13, 2017

FYI: Spring Break



Well that's a wrap. Classes are back to usual and my to do list is running again. Even though my spring break was spent at home in Indiana it was much needed.

I spent the week visiting with my family and meeting my new dog! I hung out with my mom and grandma during the day and in the evening we all enjoyed some time together with some great meals. My dad even cooked steak on the grill with potatoes the day my boyfriend and I came home. My favorite thing that we do on "spring break" is to just sit around the house and talk about anything and everything. The new pup, Duchess has made for us all to take walks. Conversation with my family is always the best.

One great thing about having siblings is that they always push you,literally and figuratively. We all went to the gym every single day for about an hour. I got some really great workouts in. At school working out is way more difficult. Finding time to workout is really tricky. Today even I realized how much I enjoyed working out when they were there.

My brother and I also worked on some set pieces for his upcoming high school musical. We made rolling flat walls. They are double walls on wheels so that when a scene change happens you can turn them around to reveal a second scenery. My family is really big into theatre so this project with my brother was a great chance to catch up.

I got to spend a day out of Rensselaer and just shop with my mom and grandma. For us that means going to Hobby Lobby and picking out craft projects or new notebooks, but I love it. We also all got a new blouse and I got a new dress. Spending time with them is always an adventure. I wouldn't trade our adventures for anything.

Spring break was way too quick, but the time off has made me look forward to coming home for Easter in a month so much more. I wonder what we will do this year? Regardless, I will hear of the crazy adventures of when my family takes their spring break in a week.

I hope you all had a great spring break. Push hard to the end of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment